Displaying (1 - 2 of 2)
- Leadership for multicultural teams: The challenges in managing cross-cultural conflicts
- Afzalur Rahman (author)
- Conference paper presented at the 6th International Conference on Management and Education Innovation (ICMEI 2018), Honolulu, Hawaii. Globalization opened many opportunities for multinational companies but it also created some major challenges for global leaders. While in Chinese culture gift-giving is a popular approach to build strong relationship between businesses and government, in the United States it is seen as a corrupt and morally repugnant way of doing business. Additionally, conflict may rise due to negative stereotyping such as ethnocentrism that causes cross-cultural conflict because it encourages promoting inequality within an organization. Leaders of multicultural teams need to understand different cultural values, behavioral attributes, and organizational dynamics which are essential to succeed in global marketplaces.
- International business enterprises, Leadership, Multinational corporations, Cross cultural differences, Multinational work teams
- Commerce and Business Administration
- Managing change in organizations
- Dejon Douglas (author)
Douglas College student research essay submitted as partial requirement for BUSN 1210 course. Faculty sponsor to submit this essay to DOOR: Neil Brown MA.
Fundamental management responsibility is to lead change effectively. Compared to structure or technology, people require the most skills and knowledge from managers to support them through the change process. Managers must prepare employees to be ready and willing to change. Managers must know how to lead and control effectively to obtain the most value for the organization. This paper explains the four response types which define the characteristics and behaviours people exhibit while dealing with change. It illustrates two views of the change process and how they affect the organization. Employee resistance, associated stress, and recommendations for managers to help employees overcome these challenges are discussed.
- Organizational change--Management, Organizational change--Psychological aspects, Psychology, Industrial, Leadership, Management