Faculty Scholar Profile
- Email Gretchen at [email protected] for the current password to the new Faculty Scholar Online Form to send the information you would like on your DOOR Faculty page. The form provides options to upload your photograph for you page, cut and paste your research citations or upload your whole CV, as well as upload conference papers or posters. It also allows you to upload the DOOR Non-exclusive Licence and Submission agreement.
DOOR Non-exclusive Licence and Submission Agreement
- For DC Faculty, the first step is to sign the DOOR Licence and Submission agreement and send it along with your research document / conference presentation to [email protected] . If your research paper or presentation has co-authors they also must sign the DOOR licence and submission agreement which can be emailed back to [email protected] The library needs all joint authors of the scholarly work to sign before it can be uploaded into DOOR.
- For Douglas College Students, the first step is to have a Douglas College Faculty member review and approve/sponsor your essay to be included in DOOR. Your DC faculty sponsor will be the faculty member for whom you wrote the paper. The faculty member can email their approval/sponsorship of your work with your name, the essay or poster title, as well as the course (if a capstone essay) or the conference details (if a poster or presentation). Faculty can send this as a separate email to Gretchen at [email protected] to sign the DOOR Licence and Submission agreement and send it along with your research paper, thesis or poster presentation to [email protected]. If you have co-authors they must also sign a form and send to [email protected] .
- Link to DOOR non-exclusive licence agreement
Why do I need to sign the DOOR non-exclusive licence and submission agreement?
- The library needs your permission to host your research and scholarly work in DOOR. This applies to all materials from faculty, students and staff. In future, if we migrate to a new software you will also be granting us permission to move your works to this new repository.
- The DOOR non-exclusive licence / submission agreement affirms that you are indeed the author of the work and you have the right to grant the library permission to preserve and make available via the Douglas College Open repository (DOOR). It allows the library to deposit your conference paper, conference ppt, conference poster, journal article, etc. on your behalf. It allows metadata to be added to describe your work, including using your abstract/summary for the description or your work.
- You are not relinquishing Copyright to your work but are allowing the library to make it available in the open repository for use that is non-commercial and educational. Eventually, it will be found in search engines.
- Please check the boxes beside each paragraph, print your name, sign and date. If you have co-authors please have them sign the agreement as well.
- If convenient, after you have signed the document you can scan the document and email back or if you prefer you can drop off the signed paper version (at either campus library), in a sealed envelope c/o Gretchen Goertz, Scholarly Communications Librarian.
What can I contribute to DOOR? Examples of scholarship for deposit in the 'Research and Scholarship" or "Student Research" collections include :
- article preprints or final refereed manuscripts (the author's version of the article, not the publisher's published version unless allowed by the publisher)
- research reports
- books, book chapters
- conference presentations or conference papers
- scholarly video presentations or audio presentations
- student theses (with faculty approval)
- student capstone research papers (with faculty approval)
- student research day or other conference posters
- Faculty or student theses and other material pertaining to scholarly research
If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your research submission contact Gretchen (Scholarly Communications Librarian).
p: 604 527 5168
e: [email protected]