Douglas College Faculty
- To start or update your faculty profile use the Faculty Scholar Online Form The form provides options to upload your photograph, cut and paste your research citations or upload your whole CV document, as well as, upload pre-print articles, conference papers, presentations or posters. It also allows you to upload the DOOR Non-exclusive Licence and Submission agreement.
- Your presentation co-authors must also sign the DOOR licence and submission agreement which you can upload for them or they can email them separately to [email protected]
- Get the current password for the form by emailing Gretchen at [email protected]
- If you have a student demonstrating scholarly works of excellence in your discipline (such as a capstone essay) consider sponsoring their work in DOOR. There is also a new and building collection for Applied Theses at Douglas College. There are templates that can be added to a student thesis (full text or abstract) that you sponsor for inclusion in DOOR. If your department would like to begin to add student theses, contact Gretchen for more information.
Douglas College Students
Capstone Essays / Projects
- The first step is to have a Douglas College Faculty member review and approve/sponsor your essay to be included in DOOR. Your DC faculty sponsor will be the faculty member for whom you wrote the paper/project. The faculty member can email their approval/sponsorship of your work with your name, the essay, poster or project title, as well as the course (if a capstone essay) or the conference details (if a poster or presentation). Faculty can send a sponsorship email to Gretchen at [email protected]
- Students must also sign the DOOR non-exclusive Licence and Submission Agreement. If you have co-authors they must also sign a form and send to [email protected] .
- Ensure that your student number is removed from your essay. The manuscript of your paper can be in any citation style but should be properly formatted and citations as per proper academic integrity.
- All permissions for copyrighted images should be obtained and properly attributed.
- Link to DOOR non-exclusive licence agreement
Step Up student projects
- Email Gretchen at [email protected] for the current password to the new Step Up Student Projects form. It also allows you to upload the DOOR Non-exclusive Licence and Submission agreement at the same time as your project.
- Email Gretchen at [email protected] for the current password to upload your applied theses to the student research collection use this form to upload the full text of your thesis or an abstract of your thesis. Applied Honours Thesis submission form. It also allows you to upload the DOOR Non-exclusive Licence and Submission agreement.
Student Research Day Posters
- Email Gretchen at [email protected] for the current password to upload your poster for Student Research Day. Before you begin uploading your poster please sign the Douglas College non-exclusive licence agreement and have it ready to upload with your poster.
Why do I need to sign the DOOR non-exclusive licence and submission agreement?
- The library needs your permission to host your research and scholarly work in DOOR. This applies to all materials from faculty, students and staff. In future, if we migrate to a new software you will also be granting us permission to move your works to this new repository.
- The agreement affirms that you are indeed the author of the work and you have the right to grant the library permission to preserve and make available via the Douglas College Open Repository (DOOR). It allows the library to deposit your conference paper, conference ppt, conference poster, video, journal article, etc. on your behalf. It allows metadata to be added to describe your work, including using your abstract/summary for the description or your work.
- You are not relinquishing Copyright to your work but are allowing the library to make it available in the open repository for use that is non-commercial and educational. Eventually, it will be searchable in internet search engines.
- Please check the boxes beside each paragraph, print your name, sign and date. If you have co-authors please have them sign the agreement as well.
- If convenient, after you have signed the document you can email back or if you prefer you can drop off the signed paper version (at either campus library), in a sealed envelope c/o Gretchen Goertz, Scholarly Communications Librarian. Faculty can use the new Faculty Scholar online profile form to upload the form.
What can I contribute to DOOR? Examples of scholarship for deposit in the 'Research and Scholarship" or "Student Research" collections include :
- article preprints or final refereed manuscripts (the author's version of the article, not the publisher's published version unless allowed by the publisher)
- research reports
- books, book chapters
- conference presentations or conference papers
- scholarly video presentations or audio presentations
- Substantive faculty academic book reviews (upon request)
- student theses (with faculty sponsorship and approval)
- student capstone research papers (with faculty sponsorship and approval)
- student research day or other conference posters (as approved by the event coordinator)
- creative works such as fiction books
If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your research submission contact Gretchen (Scholarly Communications Librarian).
e: [email protected]